Thursday, October 18, 2012

Melissa Blake

You can call it fate or destiny, but I believe God led me to meet you. What else can explain this accidental meeting? How is it that I found you? There are bazillions of things, people out there, and yet somehow I found you.
I was looking for a fashion outfit for a class when I stumbled onto her blog. She is certainly a good stylist. I scrolled down and down, and somehow I got caught into her writing. She told me, “Most people grow up dreaming of buying a shiny car, I dream of being able to twirl in dresses and colorful shoes.” Her voice tugged at my heart. Such simple wish that the majority of us take for grant, the ability to move so gracefully through life. At first I didn’t understand. Then I checked out her profile and realized that she had a handicap that confined her to her wheelchair. Not so bad. But I saved her blog anyway. And what she said kept coming back to me. And throughout the week, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. How is it that she didn’t let her suffering stop her, and I who is so blessed, complain so much and is so negative lately?
God, convict me.

No comments:

Post a Comment