Thursday, December 13, 2012

True Essense of Love

Hi. I just want to share one amazing love story that happened to me.
A while ago, I met an amazing man who had every quality I look for in the person I imagined I may one day marry. I never expected to meet anyone of my standards, so even the fact that he exist, surprised me.  
The first time we met, I fell in love with his laugh. Eventually we got to know each other more and found out that we had so much in common. It came to be that every time he made a joke, he’d look to me because he knew that I’d be the only one to understand his sense of humor. The more we got familiar with one another, the more I fell in love with him. He had traits that I never even thought of to put in my dream guy; gentle, selfless, giving, intelligent, respectful, etc.
I moved away to college, and we saw less and less of one another. He started to have feelings for my sister, who was so similar to me in every way. I felt that he was in love with me, but with the wrong me. I was so in love with him and did not want him to have anyone else, even if it was my own sister. However, the more I tried to separate them, the more it seemed that a force of supernatural brought them together. I became a villain in a love story, and I hated myself for that, but I really didn’t want to let him go.
After half a year, my sister and he admitted their feelings to one another and decided to become a couple. I was so broken heart; I spent the majority of my time crying. I cried whenever I saw them; I cried whenever I was reminded of couples. I fell into a depression, and I knew I had to get out. So I gave myself a week’s time to get over myself. After that week, I gave him one last hug, and I sat my sister down and told her about my feelings.
I no longer cried or felt so hurt, but it took another half a year before I could even think of them as a couple. I still love him and do whatever I can to help him out and ease his sufferings. However, I love him enough to see past the fact that we cannot be together. I am willing to do whatever it is that makes him happy, and that is to be a sister and a friend to him. Yes, I love my sister too, and it puts me at peace to know that she has a good man in her life.
The moral of this story is that sometimes when we truly love someone, we have to let him or her go. I know we all hear that line all the time, but when it comes down to the bottom of it, most of us can’t do that. We hold grudges; we can’t bear to see the one we loved anymore. It’s just too much pain to see him or her happy with someone who is not us. However, we all have the will power to be the bigger person. It really just takes time to heal your heart.
I don’t regret all the pains I went through or how much I had loved him. Because of him, I now know that good men still exist in the world. He also taught me how a woman deserves to be treated by her man, and how she should feel when she is truly in love. That’s a lesson we all need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment